|Public Hours and Tours: Wednesday - Sunday 1-5 p.m.
School Tours and Programs - Call (562) 431-3541 for reservations
- Rancho Center - Self-guided tour
- Ranch House - Docent-guided tours only, every 30 minutes, with the first tour at approximately 1:30 p.m. and the last at 4:00 p.m. Reservations are not required for ranch house tours.
- Gardens - Self-guided or docent-guided tours by request
- Barns Area - Self-guided tour or docent-guided tours by request
- Group Tours - 15 or more by reservation
- Gift Shop - Wednesday - Sunday 1-5 p.m.
Public Programs and Events
- Tours - Wednesday - Friday, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tongva Cultural Workshop - Tuesday, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Limited to 60 students.
On Site Meetings and Use - Call (562) 431-3541 for reservations
- Free educational programs and events for all ages throughout the year feature topics as diverse as agricultural and domestic skills, Native American, Japanese and Hispanic culture, the history of landscape design and an annual ranch-style Christmas program.
- Click here to add your name to our mailing list.
- Book The Rancho Center for outside group meetings (must be in keeping with the educational mission of The Rancho)
- Book private luncheons with a group tour for a fee. Click here for menus and pricing
Parking: Free parking is available at the Rancho on normal operating days.
Accessibility: The majority of the site is accessible by wheelchair including the Rancho Center and exhibits, the Barns area with livestock and the Gift Shop. Because this is an historic site, some of the old pathways in the gardens may not be able to hold a heavy motorized chair and some paths are extremely narrow. However, there is a wide asphalt drive that borders the gardens and most areas may be viewed from the drive.
Dress: We suggest you wear comfortable clothing and low-heeled shoes, which help protect the historic floors of the ranch house and make walking in the gardens more enjoyable.
Smoking: Smoking is only allowed in the parking lot area.
Pets: Please leave little Fido at home. Only certified service animals are permitted on the premises.
Restrooms: There are handicap-accessible restroom facilities on site.